03 January 2011

No impact week : Day 2

Today was "Stop making trash".
what a smart idea I had over the week end to purge some of our spaces to start fresh for the New Year! I did make trash : mostly from paper and cardboard (all those unfinished craft projects from our girls...). But thankfully i also ended up with lots of too small clothes and pair of shoes, toys they outgrew or needed to be repurposed in house where plastic is welcome (not in our, but you can not control birthday gifts well meant even though made out of plastic).

Food scraps from vegetables ( we are vegetarian so we have a lot) usually end up in our worm compost. They are a bit lazy/asleep over the winter time .That means we do find more food scraps in our bin during the cold months ( which in Paris it seems like an eternity....).

Part of my New Year cleaning : there is a good pile of magazines that i think i will give to a local hospital for a change. I usually put them in the recycle bin. But I came to realize that my magazines are from 2009-2010 : compared to some you can find at the waiting room in the ER :: my guess they should be favored over the 1995 ones you mostly find...

ALSO PART OF THIS DAY TWO WE WERE ASKED TO WRITE A SHOPPING LIST OF THINGS WE PLAN TO BUY OVER THE WEEK.

I mostly needed things for my studio and business. I actually found myself at Ikea today ( yes just like that :-o ... shame on me, I know...) to get my frames for my wall artwork. I also get couple pillow inserts since i needed 2 for right now and my regular supplier does not ship so quickly.
My youngest is growing at an amazing speed and she needs couple things . But those will come as usual either from hand me downs from very good friends or from second stores ( Emmaus the French counterpart of Goodwill in the US).

Where we live in France we have no Starbucks, Tea leaf, and other "trendy" coffee place where you can get to go drinks or food ( besides the boulangerie). So we are doing good on this side. We don't make trash due to temptation...!

All right, as i write this it is 11:30PM ... I need to go to bed.

Tomorrow challenge will be difficult : day 3 is GREEN TRANSPORTATION.
And I am afraid that my day won't really accomodate such a noble pattern... I will tell you more tomorrow.
For now i heading to bed !

No comments:

Post a Comment