15 July 2012

Farms to table // Part 1 :: Babylonstoren

I always been inspired by places where growing food is the center of the activities. Where food is taken very seriously. 


Call it "The simple life". 
Add it a nice environment and  bit of design and you get my full attention ! 
Homegrown and in style. 


The first time I read about Babylonstoren it was few years ago in one of those gorgeous travel magazine. Few weeks ago I came across an article in  IDEAT magazine. 
Since my new design on tea towels will be about growing your own food and live sustainably, I decided to do some research about places in the world who choose to make a difference with style and integrity.


Today I want to share about Babylonstoren.

"Babylonstoren is one of the best preserved werfs (farm yards) in the Cape Dutch tradition. Not only the manor house from 1777, but pioneer structures all the way back to the founding of the farm in 1690. The Koornhuis (for storing wheat and hay) and the old cellar are exceptionally fine. An ornate fowl house, pigeon loft, leaning bell tower and 
historic gates embellish a traditional courtyard surrounded by a low, whitewashed wall".


There is an extensive post with more gorgeous photos over here and over there.














www.babylonstoren.com

No comments:

Post a Comment